Please see the CORONAVIRUS UPDATE for the latest information about meetings & events
Follow this link to view the events as a LIST
- This event has passed.
Renewable Heat and Heat Pumps (BWCE)
August 6 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Are you interested in installing a heat pump? Like to find out more about them? Or interested in the renewable heat challenge?
One of the biggest climate challenges we face is the decarbonisation of household heating. We need to move away from heating our homes with fossil fuels such as gas and oil. But what are the alternatives?
In this latest in the series of BWCE’s ‘Living with Renewables’ events we will discuss the role of heat pumps as an alternative source of space heating to fossil fuels.
With contributions from:
• Kate Watson, Centre for Sustainable Energy
• Stuart Bell, Mitsubishi (a leading heat pump manufacturer)
• Keith Goverd, a local householder with personal experience of heat pumps
Plus a panel session chaired by Alex Lockton, BWCE’s Development Co-ordinator , who has extensive experience of installing heat pumps.
The webinar will cover the following:
• The challenge of renewable heat
• The different types of heat pumps and how they work
• The benefits of heat pumps – for households and the environment
• How to decide if a heat pump is the solution for you
• Things to consider when planning a heat pump installation
• The financial considerations and support available
Please note the emphasis on this event will be more on domestic properties and air source heat pumps. We intend to run an event at a later date which will focus more on heat pumps in a community setting.
Register here and a Zoom link will be sent closer to the event.
If you have any access needs about XR Bath events, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org. Our aim is for everyone to have the opportunity to be fully involved in each event.