Bath XR has recently formed a working group for social justice, and the mandate for this group can be found below.
For information about the link between climate justice and social justice, see here.
If you would like to get involved, or for further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
This working group has the authority to do whatever it needs to fulfil its purpose, unless it impacts another working groups domain.
To centre social justice as a focus of Bath XR, its actions and messaging, and to foster an environment of inclusion and safety, with a focus on accessibility.
We define social justice as:
The fair treatment of all people in a society, including respect for the rights of minorities and equitable distribution of resources among members of a community 
The Social Justice WG is responsible for:
- Assisting working groups in order to centre the most vulnerable to climate collapse within their respective remits
- Providing tools and training to help educate members of the local group on social justice issues, and on the ways in which particular justice issues are inextricably linked to climate collapse
- Identifying and eliminating barriers to participation in Bath XR
- Working with external groups to support movements for justice on the local and national level including, but not limited to groups working on racial justice, class justice, gender and sexual minority justice and disability justice, and standing in solidarity with them
- Recognising that racial justice is a core component of the climate crisis and acting accordingly
The Social Justice WG should look to work with all working groups within Bath XR, but particularly:
- The Coordination Group
- Communities, particularly training and talks
- Ensuring Bath XR understands and focuses on climate justice, by which we mean highlighting the structures of racial and social oppression at the root of climate collapse, and prioritising the needs of the most vulnerable
- Seeking out resources, training and tools to help members educate themselves on social justice issues and the way they inform the climate crisis
- Advocating for oppressed groups wherever possible and appropriate
- Maintaining links with groups focused on social justice in order to support them and work collaboratively